I Am Doing Enough For Me

College is becoming more smooth, but it still isn't easy by all means. One thing I have been sick of hearing lately from other older people and even family members is how I could be doing much more to benefit myself. The same people who bring this up also bring up the same follow up stories: a lot of people in college have jobs so you should too, when I was your age, I was working and studying, you can handle it, or it is not that difficult to manage a job and go to college. I find this whole scenario actually ludacris. However, I know my limits and what is best for me. I know that at the moment, I am not able to handle a job during the week with all my studies. And that's okay. Yeah, some other college students have jobs and can manage it. Good for them. They aren't me. College, for me, is my fulltime job. I am not going to continue with this pressure that people place on me that I am not doing enough or I am lazy. You can very well take all my units and classes for me, if you'd like! I would hope that older people, especially the ones who haven't even gone to college and are telling me to do more, could be more open minded or understanding and know the times have definitely changed and that each individual can do what is best for themselves. It's their right to. College has definitely made me more understanding over the last few months, so why can't they slightly consider everyone has a different agenda? There is no need to rush into something that you know you can not handle just because it is highly looked upon by others. It is more wise to trust yourself and know your limits than be stuck in a bad situation or ultimately quit.

Comments

  1. Same, Same I also know some people that go to school and have a job, and they tell me how its so easy to manage. Since I know I cant handle work and school, rather not get myself into a bad situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you, I have a full schedule and I'm not able to have a job. My parents always tell me I should get one, but I rather have good grades so I can graduate and get a better paid job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get where you're coming from. Everyone seems to give their advice as if everyone can handle fully loaded schedules. I don't work yet but still see college as my full time job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unreleased Tracks from Guns N' Roses! YES!

UPDATED 5SOS: Coming Back Strong with New Song and Video

Depeche Mode Tour Success: SOLD OUT