Fake Hype

I have noticed that a lot of my friends and I have found out the reality of the college experience. I have only been through a semester so maybe I will change my current views. College is hard work and none of that is shown to us through the media or movies. There was a little superficial part of me that thought by now that I would have a lot a friends, a lesser work load, and go out to parties more as well as live the pleasures of life more. Even in the conversations with my high school college counselor, college was made to seem glamorous. At the moment I am consumed with tests and studying and it is a full time job. I don't go to parties, I never even went to one in high school. I do not have a incoming flow of friends. I am not living in a romantic movie where I find a lover and he becomes my husband. If we put aside the major cliches, there is still major misconceptions that no one seems to strike down. No one talks about how to deal with becoming an adult, how to manage stress, or that college is not the ultimate peak to your life. I am an honest person and I want the truth even though it hurts. We are even sometimes made to think that people who don't go to college are lower than us and lazy. It's ridiculous. Then, I have other ideas following through me too. This might be a unorganized blog but I want my current thoughts to just be jotted down for once without having to follow the rule book. I am supposed to graduate at 21 and if college is like what it is now for me, I feel like I am going to miss out on my later teen years. I do not think people are adults at 18. I do not want to miss out on years of my life because I have only one life to live. It feels like my life has always been school and no time to have fun. I am going off grid but does any one else feel this? Cheers to my last blog and cheers to trying to figure out what I want in life partly through my college experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unreleased Tracks from Guns N' Roses! YES!

UPDATED 5SOS: Coming Back Strong with New Song and Video

Depeche Mode Tour Success: SOLD OUT