Early-On Friendships

I consider myself an independent person and with that, I mean I don't need people or "friends" to hoard around me. I am a big supporter of the cliche, "Friends come and go, but family is forever". If you even consider that a cliche, because I've found that saying repeatedly true throughout my life. However, a big part of who I am contradicts what I've just talked about. You see, I desperately need the few, long time friends that I have and all human beings need friends to thrive. From everything that I've seen about college, from basically just movies and YouTube videos, the first week of college is a big event where every person meets new people and gets right on the track to new friendships. Although, I don't live on campus like some of my old friends and I haven't been the one to right-off-the-bat create a friendship this first couple of weeks. I see their Snapchats with their roommates who are quickly becoming their friends, but I guess they are kind of forced to become friends or get along cause they live together. At the same time, I want many college experiences, including one where I can make new friendships. I think it's just going at bit slower than what I expected. I am still excited and waiting for new opportunities as well as friendships. I'm going to have to have to ditch the idea, "I don't need friends", cause it would ultimately be better for me to make new friends and I am willing to put in the effort to maintain them. I believe I will have a brand new perspective on this at the end of the fall semester and even throughout my whole college experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unreleased Tracks from Guns N' Roses! YES!

UPDATED 5SOS: Coming Back Strong with New Song and Video

Depeche Mode Tour Success: SOLD OUT